Be swept away by the tastes and sights of the Stellenbosch, Paarl and Franschhoek wine region. Sample local wines paired with local cheeses, biltong (cured meat) and artisanal curated chocolate.
Meet your guide at your accommodation in central Cape Town, and then set off in an air-conditioned minivan to begin your full-day tour of the Paarl, Stellenbosch and Franschhoek Winelands.
Our wine experts custom-designed this tour to give you a real taste of the Cape winelands region. Sample local produce, learn about flavour profiles and vintages and savour time sitting back and sampling some of South Africa’s finest with lines upon lines of vineyard views.
Your day starts on the south-western slopes of the Paarl Mountain Range where incredible views and an intimate master tasting experience await at the world renowned - Fairview Estate. You'll pair artisanal cheese, produced at the onsite cheesery, and olive oils with fine reds and whites, giving you an out-of-this-world pairing experience coupled with the in-depth knowledge of the wines you are tasting.
Next up, the rustic fruit orchards and country gardens of Babylonstoren Estate are calling; where heady, herby smells are carried on the breeze and plump fruits hang ripe on trees. Groups of fatted ducks quack their way underfoot as guests tentatively explore the modest bakery and handicraft store. In stark contrast to the water-colour-picture setting, the tasting room is a thoroughly modern affair and the wines add to the whimsical feel. You'll have the choice to continue to wander the intriguing gardens, or opt for a tasting of three of Babylonstoren’s wines.
When the wine is flowing, it’s easy to work up a big appetite, so it’s off down country laneways lined with leafy vineyards to the foothills of the Franschhoek Valley for a well-earned lunch stop. Whether it’s a wine farm restaurant or a sunny roadside cafe in Franschhoek's old town, we’ll go with the flow and your guide is happy to work with you to find the perfect fit.
Make sure you leave space to savour the next tasty delight at La Bri Wine Estate. Here, the business of wine is a serious affair but the staff are warm and inviting. The breath-taking vineyard views are enough to woo any wine lover, and the characteristic spicy flavours of local biltong pair perfectly with the Estate's award-winning wines.
As the afternoon approaches, you’ll meander through farmlands dotted with olives and grapes en-route to the Helderberg Mountains, which perfectly frame the verdant landscape. Tucked away yet perfectly positioned for some seriously impressive views, a secret gem awaits you at the tasting deck of the Hidden Valley Wine Estate, some 269m above sea level. For the final wow of your day, you'll pair carefully curated chocolates with crisp wines while drinking in the expansive views.
On that sweet note, you'll follow the sun and turn back to Cape Town.
Your full-day tour then concludes in the late afternoon with a drop-off back at your Cape Town hotel.
Please note: The wine estates visited are subject to availability and the itinerary order may change without notice. On weekends some wine estates are closed, so alternative wine estates will then be visited. Pairing styles and flavours are seasonal and may differ from suggested guideline above.
Cancellation / Change Fees
– Upon cancellation, you will be liable to pay a fee to cover the estimate of costs and expenses incurred by Hotspots2c during the booking process. This is expressed as a percentage of the package as set out in the final tour fare/ booking price paid and is calculated as follows:
– Full payment is required to reserve a booking.
– 20% cancellation fee will apply for cancellation notice received less than 1 month (30 days) before the departure date;
– 50% cancellation fee will apply for cancellation notice received between 1 month and 1 week (29 to 7days) before the departure date;
– 100% cancellation fee will apply for cancellation notice received less than 1 week (less than 7days) before the tour departure date or travel arrangement booking date.
– An admin fee may also apply for cancellations, name-change or date-change requests. This fee is subject to change and may vary from the product as it is used to cover the estimate of costs and expenses incurred by Hotspots2c during the reservation process.
Age Restrictions / Age Limits
– Children under 18 years (10 to 17 years) of age must be accompanied with a suitable or suitably qualified, fare paying adult companion.
- Alcohol is not served to children 18 years of age or younger.
Tour Provider: Hotspots2c Tours
Cape Town Pick-up & Drop-off service (±10km radius from Cape Town CBD)
Transport to tour highlights
4x Wine pairings as per itinerary
Local Tour English Speaking Guide
Why book with GetLocal?Our promise is to offer great products and superior customer service. If you need to cancel, make changes or help planning your vacation you can count on us to be there by your side.